Infrastructure & Governance
Binding: Hardcover (61/4″ X 93/8″)
Out of stock
This compilation has emerged from a recent National Consultation on Infrastructure and Governance called India @ Work Summit, organised by Skoch Consultancy Services, providing critical insights into the subject of infrastructure and governance, all pointing to a common goal of inclusive growth.
The book opens with a chapter entitled: Participatory Democracy, Infrastructure and Empowerment. Offering the concerned reader the collective wisdom of eminent policy makers and distinguished experts, the content in this volume is organised under seven sections.
ABOUT THE EDITOR:
Sameer Kochhar, Editor-in-Chief and Managing Director, Skoch Consultancy Services is an industry veteran with a multifaceted career spanning over two and a half decades. He is considered to be one of the most respected independent voices on inclusive development and citizenship issues in India.
Deepak B. Phatak is Subrao M. Nilekani Chair Professor at the Kanwal Rekhi School of Information Technology at Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai, India. He is an eminent consultant and advisor to many organisations on issues related to Information Technology.
H. Krishnamurthy is Principal Research Scientist, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. He has more than 30 years of experience in teaching, research and consulting. His areas of interest includes: communication and networking and internet technologies.
Gursharan Dhanjal, an expert in strategic affairs, is Executive Vice President, Skoch Consultancy Services. He has over 17 years of working experience ranging from academics to research and business journalism to consulting. His areas of expertise include research, and rich media content.
CONTENTS IN DETAIL:
Participatory Democracy, Infrastructure and Empowerment — Sameer Kochhar and Gursharan Dhanjal
Section I – Infrastructure: Planning and Dialogue Framework
- Infrastructure for Development — Montek Singh Ahluwalia
- Right to Information — Wajahat Habibullah
- Building Rural Infrastructure — Subas Pani
- Rural Telecom: Connecting Bharat — Shantanu Consul
- Infrastructure: The Cornerstone of Economy — K.C. Chakrabarty
- Technology Imperatives for Rural India — Neelam Dhawan
- Inclusive Development: Infrastructure is the Key — Deepak B. Phatak and Sameer Kochhar
Section II – Learning from MCA 21 and the Way Forward
- Corporate Governance — Prem Chand Gupta
- Delivering MCA21 — Anurag Goel
- Information Technology as a Facilitator for Corporate Governance — Ajai Chowdhry
- Secure Banking: The Road Ahead — H. Krishnamurthy
Section III – State of Panchayats: Focus on e-Governance
- State of Panchayats: The Journey thus Far — Mani Shankar Aiyar
- An e-Governance Plan for Panchayati Raj — B.K. Gairola
- 2008: The Year of Open Source — Nandu Pradhan
- Radio Broadcasting in India — Zohra Chatterjee
- e-Gram — Varesh Sinha
Section IV – Urban Local Bodies: Moving Ahead with e-Governance
- Unlocking Value in Urban India — M. Ramachandran
- NeGP and Urban Local Bodies — R. Chandrashekhar
- Imperatives for IT Usage in Urban Local Bodies — Vikas Arora
- Experiences with Urban Local Bodies — Sandeep Bangia
- Single Window Municipal Services — Prakash Rane
Section V – Making Public Private Partnership Work
- Role of PPP in Rural Upliftment: Banker’s Perspective — K. Raghuraman
- Technology can Help — Som Gangopadhyay
Section VI – Financial Inclusion
- Inclusion through Technology — Anurag Gupta
- The Post Office as a Catalyst for Socio-economic Transformation — K. Noorjehan
- Micro Insurance — S. Nallakuttlam
- The Policy Framework — H.R. Khan
Section VII – e-Security and Standards
- The CCA Infrastructure — N. Vijayaditya
- e-Security Standards — Arvind Kumar
- Ensuring Electronic Security — Debjani Nag
- Need for e-Governance Security Standards — Renu Budhiraja
There are no reviews yet.